Transform Your Smile with Dental Veneers
You may have often wished for a completely different smile and thought how great it would be. Is there a method you can alter the appearance of your smile? Dental veneers provide you with the chance to drastically alter your appearance! Veneers give your smile a "false front" that can completely transform it.
What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers, which are thin shells of porcelain or resin with a thickness of less than 1.5mm, are frequently used to cover teeth that are stained, damaged, chipped, or out of alignment. They can be used to correct a variety of dental cosmetic issues, including crooked teeth, gaps between teeth, discoloured or discoloured teeth, worn or chipped teeth, and so on. They are designed specifically to fit over your original teeth. When opposed to crowns, veneers require less tooth reduction and offer a conservative way of modifying a tooth's colour and form. Veneers are often a superficial procedure used to improve the appearance of your smile.
The Process of Getting Dental Veneers:
Getting dental veneers often entails a number of stages. Consultation with a dentist with knowledge and experience in cosmetic dentistry is the first step. In order to decide whether dental veneers are the best option for your smile, the dentist will evaluate your oral health and talk to you about your cosmetic objectives during the consultation. The dentist will subsequently carry out the following actions if veneers are decided to be an appropriate treatment:
- Tooth Preparation: To make room for the veneers, a tiny piece of enamel is often removed from the front surface of the teeth receiving them. This usually only requires a little quantity, and it's done to make sure the veneers fit correctly.
- Impression Taking: After tooth preparation, the dentist will take an impression of your teeth, which will be used to create custom veneers at a dental laboratory. In the meantime, a temporary filling may be used to protect the prepared teeth.
- Custom Veneer Creation: Skilled experts at the dental laboratory will make your bespoke veneers using the impressions that the dentist took. In order to provide a natural-looking appearance, the veneers will be made to match the size, shape, and colour of your natural teeth.
- Cementation: After the temporary filling has been removed, the dentist will cement the veneers after making sure they fit and look good on your teeth. At this point, any necessary modifications will be done. Once you're happy, a powerful dental glue will be used to fix the veneers onto your teeth, and any extra material will be scraped off. The dentist will then examine your bite and, if necessary, make any last-minute modifications.
Advantages of Dental Veneers:
Dental veneers offer several advantages, including:
- Natural Tooth Appearance: Veneers can provide a natural-looking result, as the colour of the veneers can be matched to your actual tooth colour, making them blend seamlessly with your natural teeth.
- Gum Tissue Tolerance: Porcelain veneers are well-tolerated by gum tissue, reducing the risk of gum irritation or inflammation.
- Stain Resistance: Veneers are highly stain-resistant, making them resistant to discoloration and helping to keep your smile whiter for longer.
- Conservative Approach: Veneers require minimal tooth reduction compared to crowns, making them a conservative option for changing the colour and shape of teeth.
- Durable: Porcelain veneers are typically long-lasting, often lasting.
Although veneers are more expensive and time-consuming than bonding, they are less expensive than opting for crowns (and also conserve the natural tooth, as a bonus). If you are looking for a dentist in Richmond Hill to find a solution for worn, stained or misaligned teeth, give Bamboo Dental a call at (905) 505-2061 and our dentists can help you find an affordable solution, such as veneers.
We will gladly answer any questions you may have.Ask Questions
Bamboo Dental offers the ability to request your dentist appointments online. Schedule an appointment now!Book Online
New Patient Forms
By filling out the New Patient Forms ahead of time you will save significant time on your visit.New Patient Forms